Market Manager – San Francisco, CA
Flying Embers is looking for a market manager who is hardworking and highly motivated to oversee the daily sales and distribution through wholesalers and retailers in San Francisco / San Mateo. The ideal candidate will have experience in the alcoholic beverage industry with an emphasis on wholesalers relationships, retail fulfillment, customer service and field service to further build Flying Embers as the alcohol leader that is better for you. The Market Manager reports to his Regional Director of Sales.
- Daily interactions between wholesalers with management and the sales team to achieve sales and distribution goals.
- Manage the key account base for sales and distribution with a minimum service standard of at least 160 calls / month.
- Coordinate incentives and sales campaigns
- Administration and execution of the national Flying Embers programs, chain mandates / permits and notification programs.
- Ensure the proper marketing of products and point of sale materials in your market according to our branding standards.
- Conduct staff training, beer tasting, and other events as needed.
- Assisting the Regional Director in managing orders and stock levels.
- Work effectively within brewery and budget guidelines.
- Use sales tools (VIP, KARMA, Nielsen, IRI, etc.) effectively.
- Recap KARMA weekly accomplishments and follow the wholesalers
- Coordinate with the wholesaler (s) on ways to close commitments.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Understanding of the 3-tier system
- Confident handling of Excel, PowerPoint, Office
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong oral / written communication and computer skills, detail-oriented
- Excellent judgment, professional maturity and responsible decision-making.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and work in a fast-paced environment, ability to multitask.
Education and work experience
- At least 2 years of business-to-business sales experience required.
- First experience in the alcohol business is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing preferred
Flying embers offers very competitive wages determined by experience and other factors. The position is entitled to exceptional medical, dental and visual coverage for corporate holdings and relocation in addition to qualifying.
Employment type: full-time
Job type: Not exempt
Salary type: salary
Supervisor: Regional Director of Sales
Preferred location: San Francisco
Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum experience: 2-3 years
Age requirement: 21 years or older
Tools and equipment used: Standard office equipment
Physical and mental demands
Required to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds. Stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stoop, speak, hear, taste, smell, see and operate objects, tools and controls. Regularly exposed to damp, wet environments with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. You must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to perform tasks in sometimes extreme environments, as well as the ability to deal with the stressors of the position. You must be able to travel by car, plane, or train.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or other federal, state or other local protection class.
The employer reserves the right to change this position or reassign it to other duties as business requirements change.