Ken Fulk Inc.
San Francisco, CA, USAPlace:
Fri, March 5, 21Published on:
YOU COULD BE ONE OF THE MAGICAL MANUFACTURERS.
Ken Fulk Inc. is looking for senior and intermediate designers with at least 6-8 years of professional experience in interior design for our studio in San Francisco.
What the hell?
We are a creative team of fearless, hardworking designers, artists, architects and branding specialists.
We are the programmers of our clients’ experiences, creating bespoke homes, hotels, restaurants and private parties that are meant to share an impeccable sense of style.
At best, we conceive magical ideas and (apparently) bring them to life with ease.
At least we design extraordinary rooms that amuse and inspire.
Every day we work very hard to tell meaningful stories through our art and design.
ARE YOU ONE OF US?
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture
- At least eight years of experience in an interior design company
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with different design teams at the same time
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe CS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SketchUp or a 3D rendering program
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Hospitality experience is a plus
- Responsible for developing and realizing the project from start to finish
- Leading team in creating project concept and design to meet the constraints of client program, local code and project budget
- Prepare the project cost and fee analysis and review the project billing
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of all contractual documents, including:
- Design presentations
- Mood boards
- 3D models
- Rendered plans and views
- Specifications and drawings
- Full set of engineering drawings
- Selections and specifications for surfaces, hardware and plumbing
- FFE selection
- Custom furniture design and documentation
- FFE binder
- Serves as a liaison between the owner / creative director and the design team during the design process
- Work with the design team to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, and project milestones
- Representing and managing the design coordination between clients and consultants
- Take part in site visits, customer presentations and coordination meetings
- Present design presentations to clients and consultants
- Leading team in performing field visits / measurements and construction management services including on-site visits, answering RFIs, reviewing control samples and workshop drawings, coordinating with consultants, manufacturers and contractors, and filling in the field list
- Make sure all contract documents are delivered on time
- Work on projects from design concept to full installation
- Procurement and specification from FF&E.
- Completion of final plans
- Generate construction documents in AutoCAD
- Furniture procurement
- Formulate preliminary room plans as well as studies and sketches for 2D and 3D design concepts that take into account the needs of the customer and are based on a knowledge of the principles of interior design and architecture
- Supervise the implementation of interior design solutions for each project from the concept phase to installation
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements; and developing documents, drawings and diagrams that outline these requirements. Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects.
- Confirm that preliminary floor plans and design concepts are safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and comply with applicable building codes.
- Create specifications and schedules with accurate product information for all furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting and surfaces.
- Prepare construction documents consisting of plans, views, details and specifications, power and communication locations; reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs; Materials and surfaces; and furniture layouts.
- Coordination and collaboration with consultants, including architects, civil engineers and various specialist consultants.
- Procurement and specification of materials
- Research and create visual presentations
- Specification letter
- Maintain supplier relationships
The position is full-time and based in San Francisco at The Magic Factory.
Compensation based on experience. Ken Fulk Inc. offers health insurance, a matching 401k plan, commuter reimbursement, and vacation days and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, curriculum vitae and portfolio by email in PDF format of a maximum of 10 MB to email@example.com with the subject “Interior Designer”.
View your application history
Back to the job list …