The San Francisco Giants (45-26) host the Philadelphia Phillies (34-34) Sunday for the rubber match of their three-game series in Oracle Park. The first pitch is scheduled for 4:05 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze the lines of BetMGM Sportsbook around the Phillies vs. Giants odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Philly smoothed the streak by beating San Francisco 13-6 as 1B on Saturday Rhys Hoskins showed up, scoring 3-for-6 with a double, two home runs and six RBIs.
Season streak: Giants lead 3-2.
RHP Zach Eflin is on the hill for the Phillies. Eflin is 2-5 with 3.99 ERA (79 IP, 35 ER), 1.24 WHIP, 1.1 BB / 9 and 8.8 K / 9 with 13 starts.
- Last game: No decision with 5 IP, 3 ER, 7 H, 0 BB and 2 K in Philly’s 5-3 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday.
- Eflin hadn’t made a decision on a start earlier this season (April 21st) against the Giants with a stat of 6 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 0 BB and 3 K with a 6-5 loss at Philly.
- vs. Giants in the current squad: 64 At-bats with a .313 / .371 / .531 slashline, 11/6 K / BB, 3 HR and 12 RBIs.
Rookie LHP Sammy Long makes his first career start for the Giants. Long has made two relief appearances this season with a statistic of 9 IP, 5 ER, 6 H, 2 BB and 10 K.
MLB betting offers / promotions
BetMGM sports betting offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV and Washington DC Offers for new customers apply, general terms and conditions apply.
- Bet as little as $ 1 on either team’s money line, WIN 100 (on free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you will receive up to $ 600 in free bets. Bet now!
Phillies at Giants odds, lines, tips and predictions
MLB odds courtesy of BetMGM; Visit USA TODAY Sports for a full list. The odds were last updated at 10:52 PM ET.
- Money line: Phillies +105 (bet $ 100 to win $ 105) | Giants -125 (wager $ 125 to win $ 100)
- Against the spread / ATS: Phillies +1.5 (-200) | Giants -1.5 (+165)
- Over under: 8 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Phillies 7, Giants 4
Money line (ML)
“LEAN” to the PHILLIES (+105) for half a unit because I like Philly’s First 5 Innings Run Line Price and because the Phillies have an advantage in pitching matchup and market movement.
Typically an innings eater, Eflin has failed to cross the 6th inning in two of his previous three outings after pitching the season with 10 consecutive starts of six or more innings.
Also, the Giants opened up as -160 moneylines favorites but were reduced to the current number, although the vast majority of bets were placed on San Francisco to win. In sports betting, it is a warning signal when the “house” makes the more popular side cheaper.
FANTASY BASEBALL: Seriously about winning your league? Register at BaseballHQ.com to dominate the competition. Subscribe now!
Tread Line / Against the Spread (ATS)
“LEAN” to the PHILLIES FIRST 5 INNINGS +0.5 (-135) for half a unit. This is the best bet I have on the game as Eflin has played at least five innings in 12 of his 13 starts. So we shouldn’t make Philly’s terrible bullpen sweat.
The San Francisco bullpen isn’t much better either, as it ranks 26th in WAR for the season. So Philly’s hot pounding could certainly intimidate the Giants reliefs.
Over / Under (O / U)
“LEAN” to the OVER 8 (-105) for half a unit. The weather forecast predicts winds of 10 mph (10 mph) blowing into the left center and the Phillies have played to over in four of their last five games.
PLAY: Free daily sports pick’em competitions. Play Now!
Now bet on this game under BetMGM Sports Betting. For more sports betting tips and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please play responsibly.
Follow Geoff Clark on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn income from referring viewers to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and have no influence on the reporting. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.