Santos Prescott and Associates is building our team to complete large, affordable housing projects in San Francisco. We are looking for a well-trained, technically minded person to join our team to work on several interesting urban infill projects. The selected candidate will work directly with the builder and managerial staff, consultants and contractors at all stages of the projects to make a difference in the housing supply in the city.
The ideal candidate has:
• A professional degree in architecture from an NAAB accredited school
• Interest in building technology, interpretation of building regulations and architectural details
• Experience with construction documents, detailing and coordination with consultants
• 2+ years of experience in an architecture firm
• Experience using Revit in a professional environment and using BIM 360 for remote collaboration
• Knowledge of graphics and experience in putting together design presentations within Adobe InDesign and the Creative Suite.
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
Areas of responsibility:
- Work with school principals and senior staff to prepare presentation materials, 2D and 3D design and construction documents, including CAD, hand drawing and model making
- Create, edit, and manage engineering drawing sets
- Assistance with project correspondence, schedule and budget
- Assistance in planning and compliance with building regulations
- Cooperation with clients on the design direction
- Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on sustainability
- Conducting site visits and participating in OAC meetings
We offer a flexible working environment and the opportunity for professional development. We offer a competitive salary, health care grant, and 401K plan.
Please email your CV, cover letter and examples of your academic and professional work (maximum 5MB in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include examples of construction documents created in Revit and explain your role in the project. Please no phone calls.
This position is in our San Francisco office in SOMA, not far from MUNI / BART. In March we are moving to a new studio. We’ll set you up for remote work. Applicants must be legally qualified to work in the United States. A work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Take a look at your application history
Back to the job list …