San Francisco, CA, USALocation:
Tue, Oct 12, ’21Published on:
Studio JYO is a small but growing company focused on modern interiors for high-end residences. We work with clients and architects and enter the project at different stages of the design process to provide FF&E, art procurement and interior design services (kitchens, fireplaces, bathrooms, etc.)
We are looking for a talented interior designer / architect to join our team as a full-time project designer. Individuals with more than 3 years of experience with a keen sense of design, excellent graphic skills and experience working in high-end home design companies are encouraged to apply. The best fit is someone who is highly motivated and independent and who wants to participate in all phases of interior design and interior design. You support the client as a project designer on several projects. A keen sense of detailed, high quality design and graphics is a must when working efficiently.
Additional requirements are as follows:
– Must already live in San Francisco or be willing to commute to San Francisco for showroom visits and team meetings.
– Very good knowledge of AutoCAD and Photoshop. InDesign and Sketch Up skills are also a must. Revit and Rhino experience is an asset.
– Extensive professional experience in all phases of project planning and construction as well as installation.
– Knowledge of construction documents such as interior views, completion plan, sanitary plan, lighting plan and construction details.
– High level of detail with the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks
– Bachelor or Master degree in interior design or architecture is required
– Valid driver’s license and access to a car (mileage will be refunded)
– Excellent work ethic, a positive demeanor and “do it yourself” attitude are a must!
We work from our home office in the Twin Peaks neighborhood of San Francisco and stick to a regular working week from Monday to Friday. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, and professional development assistance. We are a firm believer in good mentoring, but it should be noted that as a growing company we need a significant amount of self-reliance to fit into our small team and project plans.
Please send a resume and cover letter with the above requirements as well as a working example or a link to your online portfolio. Please also answer the following questions:
– Do you have access to a car to visit construction sites throughout the bay and in the wine area (we will reimburse mileage costs)?
– Please rate your AutoCAD skills on a scale of 0-5, with 5 being the best? Please provide samples.
– Please rate your Photoshop skills on a scale of 0-5, with 5 being the best. Please provide samples.
– What attracts you from the job description presented and when looking at our website?
Considerations for COVID-19:
All employees must be vaccinated. We are currently working remotely, but team meetings are held weekly in person and employees have to come to the office if necessary.
Take a look at your application history